Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Do people like the XMEGA?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:16:45 -0600

On Feb 14, 2013, at 10:59 PM, "Weddington, Eric" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've always liked the XMEGA Event System, and I think it's widely
> underutilized.

Agree, but I had a heck of a time understanding it from the available
documentation. Also had more trouble than I should have in understanding
Atmel's libraries for configuring the part.

I wanted to do things a bit differently with the DMA's than was supported. Had
to do with transfer counts, I forgot exactly what but I made it work one way or
another.

The AES crypto engine mangles the CV after each block. I wish it had an option
not to because to implement CTR mode I and to reload the same CV after each
block.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden