Re: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:39:50 +0200

address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) schrieb am 24.04.03 09:36:31:
> > I have a problem. I am unable to set breakpoints when I have
> >multiple source (assembly) files.
>
> What happens if you try?

As I have seen yesterday the .S files are not recognized as source files which
belongs to the simulation. It is easy to see in VMLAB. The .c files have at
least one button on each executable source line on the left. The .S files
didn't have this. So you didn't have the possibility to set breakpoints.
Additional it is not possible to single step into the source. But if you look
at the program view and single step there you will find the asm code.

It seems to set breakpoints at the program view might be a workaround. It's not
comfortable as using the source window but it works.

> >Has anyone one come across this problem. I am using winavr.
>
> This might be a problem with objtool though.

That is my opinion too. I had the idea to test the older elfcoff utility but I
didn't had the time yesterday to try it. And I have time earliest at the
weekend. :-(

Volkmar
UNICEF bittet um Spenden für die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101