Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB

From: Hermann Kraus
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:03:23 +0200

Hello!
> I currently working on the simulavr project with a complete redesign.
> Now the 8515 is nearly complete implemented (whithout ana_comp).
> Other devices could be created as well. For mega-series we need
> aditional hardware classes, but this should also no problem. The hardware
> abstraction is a bit simplier, while each hardware modul is handled by one
> c++-class.
> It works well with gdb/ddd so this could be an alternative solution for
> you?
> My work is still ongoing and there are a lot of tests neccecary, but it
> looks good for me.
Could you please publish your patches as I'm working on simulavr, too and so
we could put our work together.
What I've done is:
- Changed the handling of the register layout(device dependent instead of the
constants defined in the source code)
- Added Timer/Counter1,2,3 and OCR0,1ABC,2,3ABC support
- Changed the interrupt mechanism to match the real device behavior
- Added some new devices

Hermann