Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] VMLAB
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:26:21 +0200

Jörg,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:42:10 +0200 (MET DST), Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> The following assembler file yields the required stabs so i can
> successfully convert it to the appropriate COFF debugging symbols that
> allow VMLAB to trace it:
>
> ---8<-----------------------------------------------------
> /*
>  * extern unsigned int getvalue(void);
>  */
>
> .stabs  "",100,0,0,getvalue
> .stabs  "asm.S",100,0,0,getvalue
> .global getvalue
> .func   getvalue
> getvalue:
>         ldi     r24, lo8(0x1234)
>         ldi     r25, hi8(0x1234)
>         ret
> .endfunc
>
> Don't know how objtool would translate the above, but chances are good
> it worked as well.

I just seen your email and gave it a try. But sorry, it didn't work
with objtool. I can see a little change in the generated coff file:
the asm file is referrenced but no symbols and line numbers.

However, do not offer to much time for objtool. You may need the
time for other more important issues.

Thanks

Volkmar