Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pinassignme

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pinassignments
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:11:14 -0700

Jeff Barlow wrote:

Not for portable code.

Uh, we're talking about very low level code that wiggles I/O pins on an
AVR. You have to rewrite it anyway if you change chips. That's a red
herring.

There's two meanings of "portable".
1. Portable across devices. Your answer above applies here.
2. Portable across compilers (for the same device). Which I don't know if the OP is referring to this, or not....