Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pin assignm

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing and port/pin assignments
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:44:24 -0600

On Dec 9, 2004, at 7:43 PM, Dave Hylands wrote:

In the example I showed, a = ( b = 3 ) + 4; we know that a will be
assigned 7 and b will be assigned 3. We don't know the order that these
assignments will take place in.

A classic example is that the following won't evaluate the same for all C compilers. We know nothing of the order each a++ will be executed. "b" will usually be either 9 or 11, depending on your compiler and its options altho 8 is also possible.

a = 2;

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden