Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing andport/pinassignmen

From: Jeff Barlow
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Question about gcc preprocessing andport/pinassignments
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 10:01:38 -0800

"Graham Davies" <address@hidden>  wrote:

>It would be easier to write in assembly in the first place.

That was pretty much my point.

>Perhaps you are saying that my
>approach to programming is not suitable for embedded systems.

That's correct. Likewise low level driver code on larger systems. (I've
been doing both since the early seventies.)

>I personally believe that significant portability can be achieved
>with proper high level language support.

I agree. One can write code that's about 99% portable. So I write that
99% in C and the other 1% in assembly and spend the time I save doing
something fun. Life is too short to waste time fighting with
recalcitrant compilers.

Later,
Jeff