Re: [avr-gcc-list] [OT] Need For Speed (FPGA)

From: Colin Paul Gloster
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [OT] Need For Speed (FPGA)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 08:27:29 +0100

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:48:07PM -0700, Matthew MacClary wrote:
"[..]
     A key feature of avr-gcc that I need to keep is that the whole
build process is scriptable.  I am just getting into the Xilinx tool
flow, but when I read through example projects that are basically all
screen shots of mousing around Windows GUIs I get a little nervous
that development would have to slow down to accommodate that style of
development."

It is possible to use scripts without using any GUI for synthesizing onto
FPGAs.