Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?

From: Wolfgang Wegner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Debug with AVRStudio4?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:48:25 +0100

On 7 Sep 2005 at 14:39, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> But you're using ELF/DWARF-2 as debugging format, aren't you?

um, no - I was using coff/stabs because I understood the manual such
that elf/dwarf was still experimental. Sorry for that!

Switching to ELF/DWARF-2 is not working out of the box either, first,
AVRstudio takes ages to load ;-), and after loading, when I hit
"break", the "Locate" dialog appears, but without a hint what file it
is looking for, and I did not manage to get it to display anything
else than the disassembly window.

BTW, Jörg: I was running avarice as root, I will mail later so we can
try to sort this out if you like.

Regards,
Wolfgang