Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp

From: Peter Broadbery
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:52:37 +0100

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 11:10 +0200, Martin Rubey wrote:
> Dear Camm, Cliff, *,

If there's a rewrite of Spad using a little more of aldor, then I'd also
be interested in helping occasionaly (unless a really freely available
Aldor comes along).

> There are some other small differences, I don't know by heart.

I guess you've missed generators, exceptions (implemented late, and IMHO
badly), and a very strong code optimisation phase.

Ideally, I'd like to see an Axiom extension language written mostly in
that language or a strictly defined subset (in a similar way to boot and
spad, but without the syntax differences). That's just my preference,
the only advantage being that it may lead to more  testing of the
compiler.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer some support.  Anyone know of a lisp
parser generator?

Peter