RE: [Axiom-developer] Has anybody attempted to build Aldor+Axiomlately?

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Has anybody attempted to build Aldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bill Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> The reason your edit to AldorForAxiom was being rejected is
> because the page contained at least one (actually there were
> several) occurrences of http:// Since the very aggressive link
> spam attach of last week that actually caused the wiki software
> to crash at one point, this common prefix for links has been
> banned on Axiom Wiki. Unfortunately this applies to both any new
> text you enter as well as any pre-existing source text on that
> page.

Ah ha!  OK, that makes sense.  I had been assuming that either a)
pre-existing links were OK in a re-save, or b) all existing links had
been converted.  My mistake.

> You can still enter links however they must be written using
> WebSite: instead of http://, for example do not write:
>
>   http://abc.com/help.html
>
> instead write:
>
>   WebSite:abc.com/help.html

That's what I was looking for - just didn't get far enough into that
thread on my archives.  Thanks!

> I have updated the text of AldorForAxiom to remove the http's
> so now you should be able to edit it.

Cool - I'll confirm that the libaxiom.mk fix is all that's needed and
then try again (building axiom silver now.)

> I am very sorry for the trouble. I need to think about some way
> of making the reason for the rejection and the way to get around
> it more obvious for people who want to post to the wiki.

No problem - thank you for putting the effort into keeping things
clean.  It might be worth looking at wikipedia - I think they have some
kind of bot which inspects changes and disallows the obvious spam,
although that's based on a comment I saw and I don't know much about
it.

Cheers,
CY