Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlatel

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Has anybody attempted to buildAldor+Axiomlately?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:23:02 -0400

I can understand Gaby. For working offline it would be good to have the
wiki locally and have it updated like any SCM repository. But it seems
that cannot be easily achieved, because at least one needs to set up
Zope, Zwiki, latexwiki, mathaction on the local computer. That is hard enough.

  The installation of Zope -> ZWiki -> LatexWiki -> Mathaction is has not been
   that difficult, at least in the systems I have tried them (Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo).
   With the work done by Bill, and the information online I would dare to say that
   has become "trivial".  For Doyen, a single script does the whole installation. Of
   course, this is not bullet proof for every system. A virtual machine can be also a
   solution.

 And always downloading a >1MB Zope database if just a single
file changes is not very convenient.

   I wonder if one could have the Zope database on svn and then do an update to
   keep with the latest changes.

   Regards,

   Jose Alfredo Perez