RE: [Axiom-developer] reproducibility of a segmentation fault when the c

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] reproducibility of a segmentation fault when the compiler encounters a macro (with $lisp) badly indented
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:01:50 -0400

> Vanuxem Grégory <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > If someone can try to compile, in a fresh new axiom session,
> > the attached file. I get a segmentation fault.
> >
> > )abbrev domain MYIARR MyIndexedOneDimensionalArray
> > MyIndexedOneDimensionalArray(S:Type, mn:Integer):_
> >                  Exports == Implementation where
> >    Qsetelt ==> SETELT$Lisp
> >    Qnew ==> GETREFV$Lisp
> >
> >   Exports == OneDimensionalArrayAggregate S with

On August 19, 2006 1:00 PM Martin Rubey

On August 19, 2006 1:15 PM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

> Anyway that is a very good example why pile syntax is
> terrible.

Ralf, I am sorry but your comment makes be rather angry. :(
I cannot understand why an otherwise very intelligent
programmer would blame the language for how a compiler
handles a syntax error. Arrrgh!

(: Of course I mean this a the spirit of friendly criticism... :)

In my opinion the notation without the {}; decoration is still
superior even when the compiler writers get it wrong. There are
several other instances when SPAD does not consistently implement
the language.

If you compile this in #pile mode in Aldor you get the expected
result.

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxPileNotation