Re: [Axiom-developer] #pile vs. non-#pile

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] #pile vs. non-#pile
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:55:14 +0200

On 08/20/2006 09:52 PM, Bill Page wrote:
All I wish to point out is that the statements made by you,
Tim, and Ralf about #pile syntax is based only on personal bias
and not on fact.

I am sorry for having started all that.

My reference to 20,000 programmers was in relationship to my
desire that programming in Axiom should be made to seem appealing
to the "next generation". I think associating Axiom (and Aldor in
#pile mode) with Python and Haskell via the (admittedly somewhat
superficial) resemblance of their syntax might be one small PR
step in that direction.

If Bill can attract more people to help with Axiom, I wouldn't care whether they come because of #pile or other reasons.

More important than #pile or not is that we get more developers.
Let Aldor/Axiom develop and see what people like most.

Perhaps some day there appears a "beautifier" program that translates between pile and non-pile, so you/we could read the code in the way you/we like.

Don't waste time arguing about "blanks".

Ralf