Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET

From: Kai Kaminski
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literated VMLISP.LISP.PAMPHLET
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:18:39 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I think since you are not deleting or modifying code, you should just
>>> check, whether the notangled .lisp file is identical to the one from
>>> the monolithic chunk. It should be no problem to achive this. Then you
>>> are sure that the compilation will run through.
>
>> I couldn't, since I reordered code. There's not really a good way
>> around that, I believe.
>
> What do you mean you "reordered code"?
I changed the order of function/macro definitions. I changed your
examble a bit to match what actually happened.

%FILE 1
<<*>>=
BLIH  (Should end up in a single chunk with BLUH)
BLOH
BLAH  (Should be in its own chunk)
BLUH  (depends on BLAH, ie has to come after blah in the file)
@
%END FILE1

Now try to chunk this up given those constraints without changing the
order of code.

Besides I deleted many blank lines and obsolete comments. I could've
kept them, but I reckon the cruft should go. Furthermore I'm planning
to be more invasive next time around. I'll eliminate aliases, obsolete
functions etc.

> cmp file1 file2
>
> should show that the two files are equal.
That's what I was planning to do, but it didn't work.

Kai