Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: 07 Nov 2006 23:56:51 +0100

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| Still, I would rather like to see a general scheme than just adjusting
| locally. Keep the rules simple (or rather: introduce simple rules).

I, too, would like to see simple rules that resolve this issue in
general and simple manner (I can think of many solutions, but I don't
see any of them general and simple yet), and has some taste to it :-)

| One suggestion could be to have particular chunk names that say what
| are the "top-level" chunks and which are the corresponding filenames
| for notangle. (I explicitly say notangle, since I still want to see my
| suggestion of adding ".tex" to obtain ".pamphlet.tex" for noweave.)

I suspect I don't see why it *must* be that we must have ".pamphlet.tex".

There is a related issue, which is how serious Axiom is about
portability.  In some places, it seems quite stringent in its demand
(leading to quite awkward and unnatural acts, e.g. abbreviation
names), and yet it cavalierly overlooks them (e.g. not all filesystems
can handle filenames with more than on does in them).