axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Aldor compatibility

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Aldor compatibility
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:02:52 +0000

Dear Mike, Tim, ...,

thanks for rapidly forwarding axiom.as.

Unfortunately, there are still some things missing. I first compiled

#include "axiom.as"

fact(n: PositiveInteger): PositiveInteger == {
    n <= 1 => 1;
    res: PositiveInteger := 1;
    while n > 1 repeat {
        res := res * n;
        n := n-1;
    }
    res
 }

and said

)lisp (load "/home/rubey/aldor/linux/1.0.2/lib/runtime.lsp")

then

)lib test

finally

fact 4

responded

Cannot open the file /home/rubey/axiom/mnt/linux/compiler/lib/axextend.o.

I found this file in the axiom distro and added it:

)lisp (load "/home/rubey/axiom/mnt/linux/compiler/lib/axextend.lsp")
)lib test
fact 4

24

Great.

However, I could not get to work the example given in
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~watt/aldor/UserGuide/chap18.html#1

Axiom always responds with

   Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]

I tried to include all the files from lsp/ccl/src/axbase/compiler/lib, without
success. I also noticed that the file runtime.lsp from there and from the aldor
distro differ, but I don't understand anything...

Would be great if somebody could get such an example to work.

Martin