ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Function prototypes in .c files

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Function prototypes in .c files
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:26:52 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Andy wrote:

> I noticed that too.  I've been more-or-less staying away from the
> plugins because I didn't want to tread on your [and Colin's] domain

so I guess Colin and I will be doing this.

> > sense to just write our own doubly-linked-list library (like yahoo_list
> > in libyahoo2 or elist in eb-lite).
>
> I agree here.  [writing doubly-linked lists AGAIN!?! :-)]

The easiest would be to just pull yahoo_list.[ch] into the core and call
it llist.[ch]

> Never used VB.

lucky you :P

> Should we write up a coding standard, and change things as we see
> them?  Or is this getting too formal? :-)

Maybe it is formal, but should we wait until we have 10 developers
working on this?  We then degenerate according to Brook's Law.

Yeah, I know people will say that Brook's Law doesn't apply to Free
Software development.  I agree - with the development part.  At the time
of setting specifications, it does apply.

Philip

--
Every morning is a Smirnoff morning.