bibledit-general

Re: [be] crashes with 3.8-1/ubuntu-karmic

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] crashes with 3.8-1/ubuntu-karmic
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:15:56 -0800

Teus Benschop wrote:

> Something very odd happens on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic. It happened with us
> here too, exactly the same symptoms. At times footnotes cause crashes,
> at rare times it works. The good news here is that the new version of
> bibledit that is in the git source repository avoids using these odd
> bits in Karmic, and no longer crashes, even with footnotes.

Can you provide me

(a) instructions that will always reproduce the crash (for example,
"Install Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 on amd64, then sudo apt-get install
bibledit, then download *this* document and open it with Bibleedit like
*this* and click on *this* menu item...")?  That could let me at least
get a bit more info about the bug.

(b) If possible, a smaller chunk of code than "all of bibledit" which
triggers the bug concerned?

I can push to get stuff fixed in Lucid (Alpha 1 just came out, BTW, have
you tried this under Lucid to see if the bug is still there?), if I can
get a clear way to reproduce the issue and (preferably) a simple test case.

Thanks,

Jonathan