bibledit-general

Re: [be] Setting up a remote repository returns an error

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: Re: [be] Setting up a remote repository returns an error
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 09:24:12 +1000

I don't think there's a message anywhere that tells you git must be installed before you can use the repository feature of Bibledit, unless it has changed just recently. Teus, is this a bug, perhaps?

Is there a way to make git a "recommended" install for BE, rather than a dependency? Then people with flaky internet connections can choose not to fetch git, or to wait till later. But if it is "recommended", can a note be included about *why* it's recommended? Maybe apt or synaptic can't provide such a note.

Kim