bibledit-general

Re: [be] Setting up a remote repository returns an error

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Setting up a remote repository returns an error
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 07:14:41 +0200

On Sat, 2011-07-09 at 09:24 +1000, Kim Blewett wrote:
> I don't think there's a message anywhere that tells you git must be
> installed before you can use the repository feature of Bibledit, unless
> it has changed just recently. Teus, is this a bug, perhaps?
The only message that the software gives is this message about version
1.5. But it is not very clear. It would be helpful if it just plainly
said that git was missing. Then everybody would instantly see the
problem, and the fix as well. I'll make a note about this, to improve
it.

In the installation document for compiling bibledit-gtk from source, and
installing it, it tells that git needs to be installed. The package
fails to configure if git is not present, because the presence of git is
felt to be crucial for bibledit operation.

Teus