bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] native 3D-TV support (request)

From: Daniel Fratzscher
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] native 3D-TV support (request)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:23:44 +0100

Hi Martin,

during the weekend I played with your nice program. Thank you very much for the intergration of the HDMI-Mode! The desription of the HDMI-framepacking-mode seems right to me. But there is one problem left:

in video_output.cpp, lines 933ff:
if (src_ar >= dst_ar)
    {
        // need black borders top and bottom
        vp_h = dst_ar / src_ar * dst_h;
    }
    else
    {
        // need black borders left and right
        vp_w = src_ar / dst_ar * dst_w;
    }
seems not to work correct as it adds blank lines on top (of left frame) and bottom (of right frame) which makes both frames shifted. It would be better to add the shift on top of both frames. For now it worked for me by disabling this:

/*if (src_ar >= dst_ar)
    {
        // need black borders top and bottom
        vp_h = dst_ar / src_ar * dst_h;
    }
    else
    {*/
        // need black borders left and right
        vp_w = src_ar / dst_ar * dst_w;
/*    }*/
By doing this, left and right frame are displayed correctly on my TV.

Maybe it is a good Idea to include the modelines and necessary options in the xorg.conf to make it easy for other users to use this mode. (Took me quite some time to find the right parameters)

Is it possible to include a resolution change in bino when switching to fullscreen (I use http://willem.engen.nl/projects/disper/ ) to change the resolution as xrandr did not work for me?

Best,
Daniel