bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Bongo marking and selecting random tracks

From: Anthony Chaumas-Pellet
Subject: [bongo-devel] Bongo marking and selecting random tracks
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:17:10 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I've been looking for a way to exclude specific tracks when playing
tracks randomly. It seems marks are the intended way of doing that,
but I don't see how to use marks in random-playback-mode.

So, is there a command along the lines of 'play-random-marked-tracks'?
I've written such a function but it is very crude at present, but it
shouldn't be too hard to make it more resilient and in-line with other
Bongo functions.

Still, I'd rather not duplicate someone else's work, and the To-do
list has a few entries about intra-playing tracks and shuffle
operations. So, is that 'selective-random-track' sort of niche already
covered, or should I just go ahead?

Thanks!
Anthony Chaumas-Pellet