Re: [Chicken-users] more Cygwin library names

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] more Cygwin library names
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:05:49 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> But the only name that exists in the build for a dynamic library is
> cygchicken-0.dll.  So unless you have an old build lying around that's
> confusing things, this is not the source of the problem anymore.  How
> exactly did you crash it?  Let's see if I can reproduce your crash.

To reproduce is easy.  cmake, make, and make install under Cygwin;
then "csi -R srfi-1".

Everything in /usr/local/bin seems to be okay, so I suspect the problem
is what gets installed in /usr/local/lib.

The autotools build installs lib(u)chicken.dll.a and lib(u)chicken.a
(plus the *.la files used by libtool, which you needn't care about).
But the CMake build loads lib(u)chicken-0.dll.a and lib(u)chicken-static.a.

If you can make CMake do what autotools does, I think I'll be in business.
IOW, the -0 is wrong and so is the -static.

--
So that's the tune they play on                 John Cowan
their fascist banjos, is it?                    address@hidden