Re: [Chicken-users] Changes to Svnwiki's extensions system coming

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Changes to Svnwiki's extensions system coming
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:05:20 +0100

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo >

> However, I would like to include the body of the
> svnwiki-extensions-init function directly in the svnwiki-extensions
> egg, so that it suffices for the caller to (use svnwiki-extensions).
>
> However, this will result in a loop:
>
> 1. Caller: (use svnwiki-extensions)
>
> 2. svnwiki-extensions, as part of the above for-each: (require
> "svnwiki-foo")
>
> 3. svnwiki-foo, which requires macros and symbols from
> svnwiki-extensions: (use svnwiki-extensions)
>
> 4. Back to #2.
>
> That's the problem I was refering to.  :-)

Ah, ok. Now, the circularity is introduced expicitly here, so there
is not much we can do, but splitting the svnwiki-extensions
extension into separate parts, one that provides macros and
support stuff ("svnwiki-utils" ?) and one that explicitly loads the
svnwiki extensions. Note that your are running a nested extension
system inside the existing one. Could you perhaps put each svnwiki-
extension into a separately installed (not separately distributed)
egg? All you need to do is have multiple "install-extension" forms
in your .setup script. You then load the svnwiki-extensions one by one
using the usual require/use/require-extension mechanism.