Re: java.util.zip

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.util.zip
Date: 15 Nov 2000 15:06:10 -0700

Aaron> What we need to do is port it over to Classpath.  The problem
Aaron> is that we still have some questions outstanding on how to
Aaron> handle native code, so this package is in a bit of limbo, but
Aaron> you should not write a new implementation from scratch.

I thought someone had ported the java.util.zip native code from CNI to
JNI already.  We could just check that in as a temporary measure until
the CNI/JNI integration problem is solved.

I've been looking at the integration problem lately.  I don't have
anything ready to show yet.

Tom