Re: java.util.zip

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: java.util.zip
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 00:29:14 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 03:06:10PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Aaron> What we need to do is port it over to Classpath.  The problem
> Aaron> is that we still have some questions outstanding on how to
> Aaron> handle native code, so this package is in a bit of limbo, but
> Aaron> you should not write a new implementation from scratch.
>
> I thought someone had ported the java.util.zip native code from CNI to
> JNI already.  We could just check that in as a temporary measure until
> the CNI/JNI integration problem is solved.

Jochen Hoenicke has made a CNI to JNI conversion that can be found at
<http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~delwi/classpath/JCL/>
We could check that in to Classpath as a temporary solution.
I have been adding Javadoc to the java.util.zip java files from
libgcj but have not yet checked that in the libgcj tree.
(It is not completely finished.) There is now also a java.util.jar
implementation in Classpath. But it does not contain a jar file/Manifest
verifier yet.

If you could look at the current libgcj implementation, Jopchen his native
code conversion and the jar implementation of Classpath and compare that
to what you have that would be greatly appreciated.