Re: Event class?

From: Aaron M. Renn
Subject: Re: Event class?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:20:01 -0500

Shane Nay (address@hidden) wrote:
> What's everyones vibe on Classpath's AWT?  Would you like to see it fixed?,
> would a fixed AWT be accepted into the core of GNUClasspath?

Isn't Event a 1.0 class that was obsolted in 1.1?  I'm pretty sure I didn't
implement it.

The AWT code (with a very few exception) has all been banged in by yours
truly.  Paul Fisher also wrote a peer set for GTK+.  The Classpath AWT
is definitely not debugged, so there is a lot of opportunity to improve
things.

However, the situation is that RMS does not want to relicense the AWT
code user the same terms as the rest of Classpath (GPL + Exception).
Honestly, I would prefer that no AWT development take place until there
is a solution to that problem.  I do not want to have Red Hat write yet
another AWT implementation.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/