Re: First part of LICENSE file

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: First part of LICENSE file
Date: 07 Nov 2001 19:39:12 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Note that I still have not received an OK from all the primary authors
> of the java.awt.* packages. Unless I get such an OK I am not changing the
> copyright notice of those files. (Others are of course free to change it,
> but I do not feel that I have the moral right to do this unless explicitly
> told so by all authors.)

Based on the discussion I think it would be best to hold off and not
release or modify the license until a decision is reached via the
FSF.  Clear no one, including myself, is in favor of the change just
to suit RMS.  I guess we'll agree to disagree with RMS and choose not
to act at this time.

This is okay, I will concentrate on getting VMs working that use
Classpath and testing the library.  Anyone with the time is encouraged
to do the same.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>