Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:59:10 -0500

Stephen Crawley :

-with-mauve on configure at this point is there any real use? If not what is the plan? ( I'm trying to help classpath build the test cases with mauve, and
I pick kissme as my vm cause John had build deb support for it and I use
debian :) )
I don't know what the plan is yet :-)

Probably to be able run the mauve tests automatically.

My "plan" was to include scripts and rules in the kissme Makefile for
running Mauve tests on Kissme.  However, this stalled because:

 1)  I couldn't find instructions on how to run Mauve tests,

Tell me about it... :) And the only valid link I could find on google is
what John wrote while back. Most of the test that I run will fail
( in all the jvm I get , kissme, orp, jdk1.2 1.3, 1.4 ) That kind of give
me a bad feeling how solid the test base are ( not the test case )
e.g. gnu/testlet/SimpleTestHarness.java
Unless the test case is bad also ( I read a couple test cast, some
shouldn't fail in jdk, but it did )

 2)  the Mauve tests looked pretty thin on the ground, and

ah...I think they started it and havn't put much in lately....
Is there anything better out-there that we can try? Or less
complex and closer to what we are doing? (in nature ) like a
vm checker ( debuger? ) and inner class tester ( AI type testing
I'm not sure reflection going to be inplace by then, but if we get
reflection done we can possible build a testing agent and look
over all the classes and then get a report from it. )

 3)  they seemed to focus on complex stuff, not on the low level
     things we were doing.

However, I recall someone mentioning that there are new instructions
for running Mauve. So I'll look into this again.

and.... what is the different of kissme_classpath and kissme?
I get lost on that...
You can ignore the kissme_classpath stuff now.

Modulo the speed issue :-).

However....
./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. helloworld
debug: lost error code 1, (loading class helloworld from java/lang/Class): Could not find a .class file for this class
Hello world

It run but don't know what the error is talking about......
Thanks :)
These errors will go away when I have finished the zip support.

They have gone away already :-).

I checked in a small change last night to only print the so called
"lost error code" if Kissme is built with the SHOWLOADING flag defined
in config.h.

-- Steve
Ah.. :) Thanks guys
Alex