Re: Classpath AWT problems (or gtk problems...)

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Classpath AWT problems (or gtk problems...)
Date: 04 Mar 2003 18:30:38 -0500

Wes Beebee <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm having difficulty with Frame.setVisible(true) using Classpath.
>
> I've compiled Classpath using FLEX - and I suspect that perhaps the
> resource/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/font.properties file may not have the
> right font for my system (RedHat Linux 7.3 with gtk+-1.2.10).

Did you try running TestAWT (see classpath/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/TestAWT.java)?

I've recently ran this on Red Hat 8.0 with Kissme (We do have problems
with the AWT, it isn't complete yet, but I think you should be able to
at least see a Frame).

It's not entirely clear to me from the FLEX web pages how to generate
something usable by the runtime.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>