Re: Mauve test question

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:35:09 +0100

Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 18:20 schrieb Archie Cobbs:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> >>I've never used batch_run. What is the advantage of using it?
> >
> > Faster.
>
> Hmm.. how is that possible?
>
> > Compiles test classes one by one and doesn't fail completely when
> > one test class fails to compile. This is the better way IMO as
> > some code is sometimes included in one classpath implementation
> > and not the others for a while (mostly really short while but not
> > always).
>
> Hmm. Instead of asking mauve to run tests that don't even compile,
> my preference is to document exactly which tests should be run,
> which of those should pass, and which of those should have expected
> failures. Matter of taste I guess.

./batch_run tells you that testcase failed when it in fact didn't
compiled. In your scheme you could exclude it or mark it in xfail but
you need to modify "make check" to actually do anything when one
testcase doesn't build. It fails completely currently on this FAIL.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/