Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: David Daney
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:24:13 -0800

Mark Wielaard wrote:

If bugs stay fixed on only one code branch we are doing something
seriously wrong.

How would a bug be marked that is fixed in libgcj and not fixed in classpath?

That should really not happen.

It will always happen until someone manually merges.

When I commit changes I only do it for libgcj, I never merge to classpath. So it *will* happen for any changes I commit.

It sounds a bit questionable to merge the bug tracking system before we have a single merged code base.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are recommending.

It is a concern that we have not been able to completely merge libgcj
and GNU Classpath. But merging the bug reporting mechanisms of both is a
step in the right direction for coordinating bug fixing and keeping the
code in sync even more.

This seems like putting the horse before the cart.

Just my $0.02, I will keep quiet now.

David Daney.