Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:47:46 -0500

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:32:38 +0100, Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote:
> It is a concern that we have not been able to completely merge libgcj
> and GNU Classpath.

Is there a plan for getting them to properly merge? IMHO a difference
of only 25 files suggests that it should be perfectly possible for gcj
to use an out-of-the-box classpath build and merely prepend a custom
jar file containing those 25 files to the beginning of its
bootclasspath.

I agree that merging the bug databases is a step in the right
direction, but I share David's concern about merging the bug databases
without actually merging the codebases. If there's some kind of
concrete plan as to how a codebase merge is going to be achieved, it
might alleviate some of those concerns.

(I also regularly pester the Kaffe list with a similar question
because again, the differences seem so small that it *must* be
possible to do something better with Dalibor's time than waste it on
constant merging of the other 3175 files)

Stuart.

--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/