classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...

From: Jeff Rafter
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:56:46 -0600

I am working on a port of the ValidationConsumer to Pascal. Unfortunately
Pascal does not have a cloneable interface. I am trying to understand the
difference between the shallow and deep clone (used in the
ChildrenRecognizer). My assumption is that the clone() method (used in
shallow clone) will create an object that has the same values for:

 consumer
 components
 name
 next
 flags

The need for deepClone only occurs when the consumer needs to deep clone the
components and possible the next recognizer. deepClone makes sense, it is
more a question of what clone() will accomplish so that I can mimic it.

Thanks!
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting