classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...

From: Jeff Rafter
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:47:34 -0600

> >  consumer
> >  components
> >  name
> >  next
> >  flags

I think that I should add type to this list... it is inherited from
Recognizer... by the logic you provided.

> Yes.  If you think of the object as a C "struct", shallow clone is just
> a memcpy of the struct contents.  It's what C++ would do by default.

Ah, that is what I figured...

> Note that "same value" for an object pointer means the pointer is
> copied ... a "deep" clone would clone the object too.

Makes sense...

> I'm not 100% satisfied with that ChildrenRecognizer state
> machine, FWIW, but it seems to pass any test I've thrown at
> it.  Validation of the other types of content models is clearly
> correct, but that one's a bit hairy ... :)

It is... I have scratched my head a few times already on it... : )

As an aside, I am wondering if the limitation / wording on the limitation
for standalone can be modified with the newer version of SAX.

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting