classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] ValidationConsumer Question...
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:13:50 -0800

> > >  consumer
> > >  components
> > >  name
> > >  next
> > >  flags
>
> I think that I should add type to this list... it is inherited from
> Recognizer... by the logic you provided.

Yes.

> As an aside, I am wondering if the limitation / wording on the limitation
> for standalone can be modified with the newer version of SAX.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean you wonder whether
exposing the "standalone" flag lets all of the "standalone"
validity constraints be tested?

I looked at that a bit.  The answer is that some of them can be,
and others can't.  As usual the problem boils down to some of
the validity constraints applying at the lexical level ... one could
wish the authors of the XML REC had spent the time to ensure
that any lexical error was fatal, but I imagine that'd have made
some SGML folk unhappy.

- Dave