Re: [Denemo-devel] "Go To Next Interior End" Script. Maybe for git?

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] "Go To Next Interior End" Script. Maybe for git?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:31:38 +0200

> These empty measures are a nasty irregularity of Denemo. They cause
> unexpected cursor behavior.
> So I think we should think hard before we make these a feature, and
> start programming around them.

Oh! This is unexpected, I always liked this about Denemo. These are very
convenient if you compose with more than one staff. Its good you don't have to
put rests in those measures, because naturally you want to fill these holes
sometimes, and then you don't have to delete all those rests (you have to put
in other notation software)

And I don't see how they misbehave. If they are blank, they get rests. Maybe
this can be printed out as multi-measure rests, but otherwise I see no problem.

I created this script because I think of the "End"-key as a feature which jumps
to the place where I have to compose/transcribe on. Usually this is the real
end, but sometimes its just an empty measure because I already composed an End
for all instruments, but a part between is missing in some staffs.

Nils