Re: [Denemo-devel] The Denemo font

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The Denemo font
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:55:28 +0100

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 15:13 +0000, Ralf Mattes wrote:
> > Two questions
> >       Is this font widely available/should we include it Why does
> cairo not
> >       render it? Note it does render various other special
> > signs such as the paragraph sign, from the OpenSymbol font.
>
> Hmm - hard to debug. Just a shot into the dark: what's your locale?
> (type 'locale at
> the shell prompt) Mine is:
>
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"

Mine is the same except for GB in place of US and a final line

LC_ALL=

Should LC_ALL be set to anything? Did you just not copy the last line?
It is curious that my email client and the xterm both render the
characters properly. As the code is now in git perhaps you could see
what Denemo displays for you?
Richard