Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:13:56 +0100

I think I have this sorted now. To make it take note of edits to
po/en_GB.po you do a make dist. Then to test you do a make install and
run the installed denemo. One of the things that was needed was to
manually update the file po/POTFILES.in
This needs to be done after adding any new source code files that need
translation. So I have added e.g. commands.c and scorelayout.c, I think
there may be others, as well as many strings in the sources not enclosed
in _()
I have also finally grokked what N_() is doing, you apply it to
translatable strings in struct initializers (which can't have actual
function calls in them as the are not executed at run time).
I think I have now got everything except strings displayed by scheme
scripts as translatable.
By the way, I guess Americans are just as happy with Bar for Measure? I
think the British use only the latter, certainly they usually talk about
bars not measures. Except when cooking:) But I never heard of a
12-measure blues :) So I guess Americans are happy to use the term Bar?
(I am thinking of my en_GB.po file here).
I'm checking this into git now.

Richard