Re: [Denemo-devel] Fairly good news Re: MIDI in on windows binaries

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fairly good news Re: MIDI in on windows binaries
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:36:20 +0000

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 07:58 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Do you want me to get rid of the ifdef DEBUG in denemo now
> or after the release?

I don't think there is anything there that could be called a showstopper
- the effect of DEBUG getting re-defined will only be that we will get
some debug output from the non-debug build, and it is unlikely that we
have any duplicate symbols (this would be very nasty, the executable
would resolve with the first symbol available) - the sffile stuff is
only used to look up instrument names from the soundfont and that is
working fine on both platforms now (not a guarantee of anything of
course!), so this is a tidy up task not a showstopper bug.

This tidy up task will be to restrict the sffile code to exporting just
the two symbols (load_soundfont and free_soundfont) and the struct
SFInfo that  Denemo uses, only these should appear in the header
included in staffpropdialog.c (ie not #include "sf_util.h"
#include "sffile.h" which import all sorts of stuff) and then the sffile
code should be looked over to make sure it has no other external symbols
- the two .c files can be amalgamated into one to avoid having any if
need be). Oh, and rename load_soundfont to SF_load_soundfont etc to make
it clear where they come from.

But as I say, that is for after the release...

richard