Re: [dev-serveez] init scripts

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] init scripts
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:21:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Raimi 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> yes, i can provide the script. problem is:
> - where to get the configuration from ? /etc/serveez.conf ?

Yes, `/etc/serveez.conf' is ok. We can set cfg="/etc/serveez.conf"...

> - where to write the log to /var/log/serveez ? /var/tmp ?

log="/var/log/serveez.log"
pid="/var/log/serveez.pid"

> - make it suse style ? optionally ?
>   (colors, rc.config support, etc.)

Suse style would be nice to have. I actually do not know about other
distribution of Linux and their init scripts.

> i wont create the symlinks since we dont know when the user wants to start
> it. like.. is S20serveez ok ? or S99serveez ? i would let the user
> decide. just provide a script for convenience and as an example.

Correct. The symbolic links should be left to the user. The
additional install target should drop a note to the user.

Cheers,
        address@hidden