Re: [dev-serveez] progress to serveez-0.2

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] progress to serveez-0.2
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:21:14 +0200

() Mike Gran <address@hidden>
() Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

   I'll see what I can do. I'll try to report back in a week or so.

Don't bother.  I'll handle it.  Rather, i intend to, in the next few
days; anyone who notices official repo ‘next’ idle after 2012-06-26
please yell.

BTW, after some reflection i realized dropping libserveez is not an
option (and not my intent -- i guess i had forgotten the gist after so
many months away from the project), so rest assured, there WILL be a
libserveez in the 0.2.0 release.  Sorry for the brain fade...

NB however: The 0.2.0 API is much smaller than the 0.1.7 API.  For this
reason, i *strongly* encourage Julian to either post client code or an
audit of the ‘next’ libserveez API wrt (against) the client code (best
would be a build log), so as to catch and fix up any problems before the
0.2.0 release.

Thanks Raimi for doing the archeological digging -- i think i followed a
similar line of experimentation a while back, and likewise concluded
that the root mismatch and subsequent divergence altogether was too
great to do a code merge (sanely).  I also agree that the conceptual
merge (for Guile 2.0 support, primarily) is what's important, and that's
what i have in mind on the immediate hacking horizon (see src/gi.[hc]).

The other serveez-mg bit, changes to configuration / build (autotools)
flow, i am less inclined to study carefully, but if there is anything
egregiously missing from ‘next’, now is the best time to point it out.