Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No module name gnuradio
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:58:25 -0600

First I want to tank everyone for there inputs.

Some background, I am installing it on FC4 per the instruction given at
KD7LMO's.  I am using FC4 because at my initial research, the KD7LMO's
seemed the most detailed and mentioned that it was done on FC3.  Linux is
new to me, I have experience in programming on Sun operating system and Unix
from a long time ago.

Lee Patton,

The libwx_gtk2d_xrc-2.6.so.0 is in /home/mrobitaille/gr/lib and environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH does point to it.  So I am not sure why it's not
finding it.

I could not go to the link you gave, its password protected and I am have
some difficulty using SVN due to our firewall.

If you have gotten it install on FC4 I would like to see your scripts,
including your environment variables.

Rober McGwier,

I have been using the instruction for the site you mentioned and it's been a
struggle to make them work.

At the time it seemed like a good idea to have it in non standard location
(if there is such a place in Linux) but it does not seem to be working out.

Eric,

I install from the site you mentioned.  I did the wxPython common, runtime
and devel (ansi version).  I hope those where the one's you were talking
about.

After the installation the famous libwx_gtk2d_xrc-2.6.so.0 is not in
standars /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.  The only file close to that name is
libwx_gtk2d_*_xrc-2.6.so.0 in /usr/lib/wxPython.

After this install, I did make clean on the gnuradion software and rebuilt
(bootstrap, configure and make) with not luck.  It still can't find
libwx_gtk2d_xrc-2.6.so.0.  Should I set some environment variable to point
to /usr/lib/xxPython?  Should I load all the baseline programs (fftw, swig,
ccpunit, sdcc, numarray, Numeric) in /usr/local or /usr directory?  What
happens when you have some of these program in multiple places?  It looks
like swig has multiple installations.

Lamar Owen,

I am new to Linux and even RPM is not an easy thing for me to use.  The big
question would be know what those options are and with what rmp file.

Mike