Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Sumedha Goyal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:01:50 +0530

My top_block class represents the whole flowgraph. The class "test_demo" is one of the blocks of this flowgraph for which its own work() function is defined.
The "test_demo" checks for a "start sign"(given by the user) and participates in data transmission process and upon receiving an ACK for success should stop further transmission.
At this point, the flowgraph should stop and start again with a new "start sign" for next iteration and so on. I am planning to plot the number of packets transmitted before receiving an ACK against this "start sign". Therefore, I need my flowgraph to execute several times.
I hope this description explains my intention. I am not very familiar with scheduler. How can I use the scheduler to do this?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Activecat <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 03/11/2014 06:10 AM, Sumedha Goyal wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am executing a flowgraph where I pass different parameters to the
> work() function of my block in every iteration.

If the "parameters" could be fed into work() as input elements, than that is possible.
Please  describe the parameters in details.

> 1. I would like my flowgraph to execute once with a certain set of
> parameters and on satisfying a certain condition, it should stop
> execution (even if the queue/buffer of the block is not empty).
> 2. The control should come back to the main() function and the next
> iteration should start with a new set of parameters and again upon
> satisfying a certain condition the flowgraph should exit.

In flow-graph there is no main() function, but only the scheduler in the background.
Please give specific examples of what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Activecat