Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function

From: Sumedha Goyal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] looping with work() function
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:12:26 +0530

Hi Activecat,
This is true that I am trying to accomplish the same task that you have mentioned . But the difference is:

1. I pass a threshold value to my "test_demo" block from the "top_block"(Example: top_block(options, 0.4)). A random number is generated inside the "test_demo" block and compared to this threshold.
2. If the random number is more than threshold, the transmission process starts.
3. The block makes transmitter USRP to send data packets in a specified format(source_address+destination_address+packet_sequence_no+message).
4. Upon receiving a packet, the receiver USRP sends an ACK.
5. Meanwhile, the transmitter USRP counts number of data packets sent before receiving an ACK. As soon as the transmitter USRP receives first ACK, it should stop data transmission and reception of further packets from anywhere (from the user payload from a file source on harddisk).
6. At this point, I want to be able to change the threshold value for the block and start the process again. The random number will be generated again and so on.
7. I want to continue this process for several number of times and plot a graph between the threshold and the number of packets transmitted.

How should I proceed?