Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 15:50:58 +0200

Cool! Now I know what kind of system we're talking about.

The problem is now:
If you just lay after "chunk" of signal that passes through your tap one
after another, you'll end up with *exactly* the signal you fed into the
tap, only sliced:

http://imgur.com/aa4ZjR2

Now, what GNU Radio does is just put the output of each block just after
it's last output and let the downstream block work on it.
To that downstream block therefore just sees *exactly* the same signal
as your tap. Your tap hence does nothing. It only slows down the
processing speed, but that doesn't have any influence on the signal
itself -- GNU Radio blocks don't know the "real world time", and all
time that matters is actually just the number of the sample that you see.

That's why I'll ask you to make a sketch (can be on paper, doesn't
matter, really) of what your overall system should do, from RX antenna
to TX antenna. Just an implementation-agnostic quick sketch of where
which kind of signals come in, where a decision happens etc.
GNU Radio has multiple methods of dealing with such "chunky" data, but I
think you might be a bit mislead on what you think GNU Radio can do for you.

Best regards,
Marcus