Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:31:00 +0200

Antonny,

On 07/01/2015 03:08 PM, Antonny Caesar wrote:
> Marcus,
>
> Yes! For now, the pass-through functionality is fine for me. I saw the
> Power Squelch block but it doesn't have a "control input" to decide when
> my signal will pass through.
Well, the job of the power squelch *is* to figure out whether the signal
should be passed through, based on the signal itself.
> This signal can be a sine, square wave, etc, but I think it isn't
> important, because if I have the Energy Detector working fine, it will
> always do its function, right?
Well, if that signal has energy (as defined by your Energy detector),
yes, I guess.
> The Detector can't decide according to the signal I want. The decision
> is made according to the spectrum, that is, my vector (0 or 1).
I don't understand. "The spectrum": What does this mean to you?
Spectrum is usually used as a expression describing the wholeness of
signals in a given frequency range.
> Like a tap: I have a control(vector) and the water (my signal) goes down
> according to the opening. The amount of water that goes down doesn't
> need to "analyse the water", just the control (vector) and then, leave
> the water pass.
So the question is: Your control can be 0 or 1, right? (Please reply
in-line)

Let's define:
n_in = samples going into your "tap"
n_out = samples coming out of your "tap"
n_ctrl = control values going into your "tap"

While the control is 0, do you
a) want your samples coming out of the "tap" to be constant 0, meaning
that n_in=n_out=n_ctr, OR
b) want the samples to just be dropped, n_in = n_ctrl, n_in < n_out;
c) you want your tap to just let samples through when control is 1, so
that it behaves like a real water tap, holding water back, meaning that
n_in = n_out > n_ctrl

> Using a tap was my best explanation for now haha
That's why I still ask you for a quick drawing :)

Best regards,
Marcus