Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Generate a specific wave form
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:46:52 +0200

Hi,
sadly, I still don't understand:
your control won't be 0 or 1 forever. What do you do with the signal
that comes in while it's 0? Will it be forgotten? Will it be saved for
the time when control is 1 again?

Hence, I'll just repeat my question, could you please say "a", "b", "c"
or "none of these"?

Let's define:
n_in = samples going into your "tap"
n_out = samples coming out of your "tap"
n_ctrl = control values going into your "tap"

While the control is 0, do you
a) want your samples coming out of the "tap" to be constant 0, meaning
that n_in=n_out=n_ctr, OR
b) want the samples to just be dropped, n_in = n_ctrl, n_in < n_out;
c) you want your tap to just let samples through when control is 1, so
that it behaves like a real water tap, holding water back, meaning that
n_in = n_out > n_ctrl

Best regards,
Marcus