Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: NSProcessInfo is not initialized when debugging
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:13:57 -0600

On May 21, 2004, at 1:22 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

Ah ... I misunderstood ... I use GNUstep built from source rather than the debian packages.

I don't know how you can get an app linked with both debug and non-debug libraries, but I can see that it could cause problems if one version of NSProcessInfo gets initialised and somehow another version from a different library then gets used (uninitialised).

Is one of the debug libraries (eg the gui library) linked with a non-debug version of the base library? Perhaps when the debian package was built the maintainer did it in the wrong order, so that the debug gui library was linked with the non-debug base library because the debug version of the base library hadn't yet been built/installed?

Another poster had this problem a month or two ago - it turned out to be related to bundles and/or frameworks. In GNUstep, debug and non-debug bundles and frameworks can't coexist. so it's possible to link a framework that is linked to the non-debug version of base into a debug version of an app. I hope there is some way we can fix that.